Recent Posts

Sunday, October 5, 2008

UnCerTaiNtY

it was conference this weekend.
so many good talks. 
  president monson said some great things that stuck out to me.  what a great prophet.
he said at one point that "nothing is as constant as 'change'".  he went through some examples of how change could affect us.


 change has always been a hard thing for me since i was a little girl.  maybe this was because a lot of the "changes" in my adolescence were hard to go through, ie:  my mom and dad getting a divorce, moving far away, getting a new dad, and mom, and a million new brothers and sister, switching back and forth between two household and their different dynamics and rules, being an outsider in a new school, etc.  
many of my friends and family know about the hard trials dan and i went through when he was diagnosed with cancer last year, right after e was born.  i thought i would die many times through out the whole ordeal, and in some ways i think that i did, or at least some parts of "me" did. it has affected me and changed me...permanently.....in so many ways.
today marked something meaningful to me.  it has been six months exactly that dan moved out.  a lot of people don't know, i have been in somewhat denial, somewhat limbo land, somewhat "if i don't talk about it, it isn't real" but we are separated.  another hard change. 
i have kept this a secret.
this has been extremely devastating and painful for me, and my kids.
i never thought i would be here, that i would be going through these type of changes.  i always thought of change as a new house, or a new job..........
i loved how president monson said that "we must adapt to the changes in our lives, we must find ways to enjoy the journey".
this has given me new focus, to try to find things to enjoy, even in this uncertain time in my life; and then to adapt.  this is the key.  some changes don't go back.  it's not like a "waiting the change out until things go back to "comfortable" type of a thing.
things happen, things you can't control.
this doesn't mean i will stop crying in the shower, in the car, and while watching the news on occassion, i think that is unavoidable, but i think it means that "this too shall pass" and i will be happy again once i am able to adapt to these changes.  
time heals all wounds.
 life is an experience, it's not perfect, just an experience. all experiences give us something, if we let them.
so i have learned today that my life will never stop changing.  change for everyone is different. and it will happen to us at different times in our lives, and in different ways. some changes are good, and some are not.  we can adapt, we can be happy.  this is a powerful lesson to me and anyone who gets "stuck" in a hard trial.  things may get worse before they get better.
 
disclaimer: this is me on a positive day.

MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com